Johnson's can assist with all aspects of law and practice relating to rented housing, both public and private sector.
We advise landlords and tenants, on:
- Checking/drafting and negotiating tenancy agreements/ leases;
- Security of tenure;
- Rights and obligations regarding repairs;
- Health and Safety and Public Liability issues;
- Dealing with rent arrears;
- Dealing with breaches of terms of tenancy;
- Giving Notice to terminate;
- Bringing and defending possession proceeding;
- Enforcing Court Orders;
- Judicial Review.
We provide bespoke training courses for Social Landlords and others to equip their staff to face day to day legal issues, as they arise, avoid legal problems developing and recognise when they should be seeking the advice of a legal expert. Fees for this bespoke work will be negotiated either on a course by course basis, or as part of an on-going relationship agreement.